- 3 baby fennel bulbs, stemmed, cored, and sliced into thin pieces
- 1 sweet onion (like Vidalia), roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups water, divided
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, sauté fennel, onion, and potatoes in olive oil over medium-high heat until they are mostly cooked through- about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bay leaves.
- Cook over medium heat until water boils off, about 6-7 minutes
- Add another cup of water and continue to cook until vegetables are cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe written by Dan Buettner.