- 2 Cups cooked wheat berries
- ¾ Cups almonds, chopped (can sub sunflower seeds for allergies)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- ½ Cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 leek, minced
- 1 Cup cannellini beans, cooked
- 1 bunch leafy greens (kale, spinach, lettuce), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- *Make Your Own Vinaigrette (see below)
- First, in a large mixing bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
- Next, drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Then, taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Make your Own Vinaigrette
- ¼ Cup vinegar (red wine vinegar, white balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar)
- 1 citrus (orange, lemon, lime), juiced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (emulsifier)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs, minced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar (try mixing two vinegars together) citrus juice, mustard, salt and pepper. This is also where you should add any honey, garlic, or herbs.
- While whisking, slowly add in olive oil until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour your vinaigrette over your favorite salad and enjoy!