- 2 Cups lentils
- 3 Cups water
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 stems of rainbow chard, stems and leaves sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- ½ bunch fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil, or chives), chopped
- ¼ Cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ Cup olive oil
- Add lentils and water to medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Spread onto a sheet pan to let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together lentils, green onions, chard stems, chard leaves, carrots, radish, and herbs.
- Add in olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef’s Choice: Any seasonal vegetable can be used. Try adding carrots or radishes!