- 2 Cups white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1 Cup thinly sliced onion (about half an onion)
- ½ Cup julienned carrots (about 1 ½ carrots)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 Cup dashi or vegetable broth
- 1 Cup chopped scallions, both white and green parts
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, plus more if needed
- In a large saute pan, stir-fry sweet potatoes, onion, and carrots over medium-high heat with salt in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dashi broth, cover, and lower heat to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat; add scallions and soy sauce to taste
Note: For a simpler version of this dish, steam purple, white, or orange sweet potatoes until soft. Toss with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, chopped scallions, and a dash of salt.