After-school and Day Camps
Summer Camp registration is open
The Edible Schoolyard Kern County’s (ESYKC) after-school and day camp programs are an opportunity for students from our community to experience our edible education programs. Camps are a way for students who don’t attend one of our partner schools to experience the thrill of learning in our hands-on garden and kitchen classrooms. Camp sessions are offered throughout the year.
Summer Camp combines ESYKC’s hands-on learning environment in garden and kitchen classrooms with an unmatched educational experience that integrates food cultivation, nutrition and edible education.
Families can enroll their students in their choice of three Summer Camp sessions. Each session is open to students who will be enrolled in second through sixth grade in Fall 2022. Each session includes five days of half-day instruction:
- Session 1: Monday, June 6 – Friday, June 10, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Session 2 : Monday, June 13 – Friday, June 17, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Session 3: Monday, June 20 – Friday, June 24, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
What do campers do?
- Outdoors, students learn the basics of gardening and the seed-to-table cycle in our Garden Classroom.
- Inside the Kitchen Classroom, students learn to cook recipes that use fresh produce from the garden
All camps are hosted at the Buena Vista Edible Schoolyard in southwest Bakersfield. Campers are required to provide their own transportation.
- After-school Camps
- Day Camps
- Spring Break
Register Your Student for Camp
Sign up to receive information about our future camps
The best way to learn about future camps is to sign up for our email mailing list. We will send you a notice when future camp registrations are announced.